I wrote this program after being in many recording sessions where everyone in the control room needed to be on the same page. It was partly inspired by the Take and Recording Status window in Pyramix. I was missing it Pro Tools which is a common tool in recording studios. Actually it can be used with any DAW not just Pro Tools.
I used Cycling74′ Max program to make this simple Stanalone program that works in MacOS. It features:
– Record status light
– Take number
– Tap Tempo: to assist with evaluation of tempos of the same music in different takes
– False start indication
The process is simple. You connect a MIDI controller to a Mac and assign which MIDI note on the controller triggers the application.
– MIDI controller that outputs MIDI Pitch
– 1GB of space on the computer
The program is free to use and very much a work in progress. I have lots of ideas to improve it in the future. I hope it helps someone out there. If you want it useful feel free to support me below.
– Only for MacOS and not Windows users. If anyone out there has Max on Windows and wants to make a Windows version do contact me.
– SAVING of MIDI values is not possible in the .app due to Max’s limitations when making a Standalone app.